Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sidestepping Artist with stripe cap

Full figure, wearing cloths! I've decided this year that I'm going to focus on retaining, rebuilding, and gaining new skills. I'm tired of creating work purely from my own mind. I need to start working from life again more if I want my imaginative work to look better. I hope I can find time to paint other people (if I can convince people to sit for me)

I havn't done a (successful) full figure in oils since 2004. See below to compare the 2!



The first one is from 2004, and the second one was finished on Friday, Jan 22nd.
It looks like I am stepping into my artwork with defiance!
I'd say its not bad despite my lack of practice - however my exposure to drawing lectures keeps my mind fresh and constantly thinking about anatomy.
CLOSEUP!


______________________________

More Art: THE WEIRD ALPHABET!!!
"D" = Devious" is finished!


See a slightly larger image at my Deviantart site - click on the image to see the larger.
There are somewhere between 30 and 40 "D" words here. Have fun looking!

___________________________
Other news:
I have posted a few Military photos from 1916, 1917 - 14th Cavalry on Ebay.
Check them out if you are interested or know anyone who is.


No comments:

Post a Comment