Wednesday, March 27, 2019

TRAVEL BUG and NEW BLOG




Greetings Friends and Fiends and Fine Fellows! 

If you couldn't tell, I HAVE THE TRAVEL BUG.

 This summer I am embarking on a 3 week journey that will include California and New Mexico.

My goal is to create a surreal travel journal publication using art, poetry, writing and photography inspired by my adventures.

The stops along my path are mainly determined by friend and family couch surfing opportunities.

I have plotted out open days between stops to allow for whim and chance to lead me on unplanned paths. This uncertanty is part of the excitement of these travels!

I did did a 16 day test run of this type of travel 2 years ago and it was a success. I visited places I didn't even know existed and met new people along my way. I encouraged friends to share with me their favorite local discoveries. I let the whim of exploring winding roads lure me to beautiful hidden places. I never felt more alive than I did on that journey, and it unlocked something within me. Those experiences led me to crave a similar experience, but this time I want to combine it with my art path. Rather than an 'escape' from my life, I am now diving in and making it a part of my *art* life.

I AM STARTING A NEW BLOG SPECIFIC TO THESE ADVENTURES: 
You can go take a look/ follow the new Travel Specific blog at https://madartistlydia.blogspot.com/ .
"Mad Artist Lydia Travels"

UPDATES TBA!!!

There may be a separate go-fund-me page I will create to help me specifically fund THE TRAVEL PROJECT, but support can also be offered through patreon. https://www.patreon.com/lydiaburris * I also plan to publicly thank each patreon patron in the new blog once I get a little more attention to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment