Thursday, March 24, 2011

Inspiration in leather, detritus and hair dye. I'm also a business woman

The weather is warming. Like every spring, I feel a weight lift from my shoulders. I begin to organize things that have needed attention for months - inside my head, in my house, and in my art. I'm getting back on the bandwagon with recycling, organizing my finances, and finding that extra spurt of self drive.

As I said, the weather is warming, yet I insist that now is the time to paint my old leather jacket - I worked more on it. I insist on wearing it this weekend, I hope at least the evenings are chilly enough to justify it!

I deliver pure dream states and nonsense, fantasy for the sheer joy of imagination.

______
I took a walk in my immediate area. There is not too many pretty views, but I did enjoy detritus inspired parking lots. I'm a fan of moss, weeds, rust and overcast days.




_______

Hair is refreshed!

I'm enjoying the copper look, but I am scared that I won't be able to find my bright shiny Dr.Pepper red that I so love. The brand I use discontinued their old red that I loved. Their replacement doesn't quite hit the mark- too much yellow, and I don't know ANY OTHER BRAND that does the bright demi-permanent RED, and I really don't want to bleach my hair and go for fire-engine punk red, or go for any temporary dyes. Anyone have a suggestion? I'll write to the company too. At least the replacement smells better.

________
New Prints TEASER

I am preparing for the HORRORHOUND convention this weekend. I just picked up my new prints and they look great! This is just ONE of the new designs. :) Come see my booth this weekend to see more, plus new original art never before seen!


________
random digital thing

________

Self-Employment as an artist

*Dear art schools everywhere - if you do not have a mandatory 'practical business for artists' art class, you must create one.

*Dear artists - don't forget about SALES TAX.

*Dear word entrepreneurs - please create a dictionary that translates LEGAL JARGON ~ BOHEMIAN ARTIST both ways.

...
I ~grumble~ while I learn things the long hard way on my own. At the same time, I am enjoying the fact that I am more knowledgeable after hard earned lessons. I'm starting to view this whole 'business' thing as real and a part of me, rather than just some unattainable scrambled non-art frustrating road block. I'm at least finally making real use of my office drawers and organizing tools.
But seriously, I have a Masters of Fine Art, and I never once heard the word 'tax' at any school I attended. No wonder so many talented schooled artists are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment