Thursday, March 31, 2011

Horrorhound Weekend and Work in Progress



Work in Progress!
 
First of all, I wanted to share my work in progress.
I dragged my oils out again and worked on something that had been in my mind for a while. -
I added 2 more figures to this piece. I don't know the next direction, but I'm happy with the curled up figures.

I've been working on this for a while, and this is possibly it's third incarnation, I'm finally getting somewhere I like. 
























HORRORHOUND WEEKEND
I had a wonderful time at Horrorhound Weekend 2011 Indianapolis!!!



I had my booth, of which I bring way too many original works but hey, I'm a masochist.

Where else can a child of darkness find a connection? I feel like these horror conventions are a family reunion! Horns, zombies, multiple piercings, blue hair, blood drenched bodies, fangs, killer clowns, strange characters, giant monsters... all of these seem completely normal to me. *JOY*

More photos can be found here: Horrorhound Weekend Photos!

I definitely plan on doing it again.




By the way, a friend bought one of my "Brain Candy" art/sketchbooks full of my drawings/sketches/photo manipulations/words, and I always draw something in the back - he was getting it for a friend and requested something with "Hippo" - so this is what I came up with - a HIPPOPILLAR!
_________________

Yesterday (3/31/11) was fairly productive.

-I sent my GenCon registration and payment. (YAY!)

-I created a little figurine (The Atomic Age Cinema created little cut out figures of themselves as boxy characters - I made "Doc Tor Calamari" first.The cut and construct format was a pain in the butt, but well worth it. haha!)


- Sent a message to Herron about Teaching

- Called Ivy Tech about another teaching possibility in Columbus Indiana - WHICH I got a phone call today, and starting April 15th, I have a 5 week workshop teaching drawing. Hurrah!

- FINISHED my application/qualifications CD to send to the Arts Council about a MURAL Project. That took WAY longer than it should have. 

- I organized my acrylic paints!

- AND  I worked on a painting with OIL. (See the top)

No comments:

Post a Comment