Monday, February 28, 2011

vampire portraits, sad triangles, and an upsidedown face

Through Darkness
Its been a while since I updated with some art - deaths in the family will do that to you.
I feel like I've been hit with a bad country music song. First my dear, dear mother passed, and now my wonderful aunt/dad's sister.
For the most part, this experience has been full of support and love from friends and family, however there is deep part of me that will be haunted by the more frightening aspects of this ordeal. Disaster and sadness do create a dark spot on one's soul. I do not want to shove that pain aside and ignore it. It can be kept within reach and transformed into a creative tool when needed. Just like anger, or other extreme emotions. But... for now... I will keep it locked in a box.

Sketches
Here are some sketches from my book since my last post.


beauty, followed by my version of 'Eli' after watching the movie 'Let the Right One In' (original)


Random things in Jars and faces.



Someone drawing on an easle, sadness, trees and lots of triangles. Also a little blurred spot.


Some faces drawn with my eyes closed. (fun exercise) and my version of "Radu" after watching "
the movie "Subspecies".



An umopisdn face.... upsidedown.

Conventions
2 Days after my mothers Death, I attended "Paranormal Scarefest" in NewCastle Indiana. A small event focused on Sammy Terry. I had 2 tables, and brought my mom's last finished sculpture as a little memorial. I was able to keep my public face on all day and found the whole thing to be extremely therapeutic. I definitely belong in this line of work. At this con, I was requested to do a Sammy Terry portrait, and will post it when I learn more about where its going and what permissions there are.

Also, I am now definitely confirmed for Horrorhound Indy March 25-27th! There had been a little mixup and I was worried, but its all sorted out now. I loved going last year as a fan because they had Clive Barker. This year they have Boondock Saints, and who knows who else by the time it happens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment