Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 11

Day 11 -
I am pleased.
A few of my seeds are starting to sprout, and I've got some nibbles on
commissions. My (general) rule is no details until I'm finished. 2 are magic related though.

My favorite from today was a sketch I started at work:



This in inspired by the effects of 'Quiddity' in Clive Barkers "The Great and Secret Show" Quiddity is a sea in a place of dreaming, and seems to transform the outward appearance to match their inner essence at the time, or so it would seem. ('the essence of a thing' is the definition of the word 'Quiddity' and now I know why he chose to use that name for the sea.)

What better way to demonstrate the twisted effect quiddity has by making a twisted version of my Quiddity sketch!

(in my current sketchbook) I stuck it in the scanner and twisted it around while scanning.

I forgot that I did an ACEO during my 2 days of not-much-art. how could I forget?

mixed media on watercolor paper 2.5" x 3.5"
available for $9 if interested

Today I did another one.

mixed media on watercolor paper 2.5" x 3.5"
available for $9 if interested

Both are a previously painted watercolor paper that I cut into smaller sizes.

__________________
RANDOM ART QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Do you feel the need to eat or drink something while creating?

1 comment: