Saturday, October 17, 2009

Productivity!

ART
Hallelujah! The studio is already having an awesome affect on me. I spent over 6 hours in there today makin stuff. I gessoed out the wazoo, I worked on 4 new pieces, I cut up thick paper into six 8" x 10" pieces and three 5" x 7". When I got home, I worked on one 8" x 10" piece with watercolors and pens to near completion, using a reference for a figure...
I am VERY excited, and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. *breaks into dance*
WHY am I excited? Without the separate studio, I felt like I could work on art at ANY time, which also meant I could put it OFF at any time too. It has also been a while since I've been able to work for such LONG hours! Usually I get distracted at about hour 2, and go do something else in the house - but its about at hour 2 that I start getting really good ideas!
I will post pictures soon.

FOOD

I made butternut squash soup yesterday with crab meat. I have never TOUCHED a butternut squash before, but I was CRAVING the soup badly... so I figured it out and it was a success! Now I just have to figure out how to more easily cut up a butternut squash.

THE REST

The Juniper berries are attacking. Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment