Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Beginning Ate the END

"Beginning Ate The End, Because Beginning Was The Trend.
The End Ran In Terror, Because The End Was An Error."
(The first words you see in my new sketchbook)

I've been in Connecticut the past 2 weeks visiting with Dave's family. We've also been to VT during this time to visit some of my family, and went to NY to visit with a friend and visit the Metropolitan Museum of ART. I am rejuvenated with inspiration!

sketchbooks! Art and books and STUFF!
Hallelujah! I have my SEAWHITE OF BRIGHTON Jumbo square sketchbooks of England again, thanks to my friend Erich who found some in Paris!! *JOY*
(10" x 10" nice smooth paper, sewn in, not merely glued) 
We met in NY where he gave me 3 books and I gave him a painting -
By the way, if you ever plan on visiting the Metropolitan museum of art, do not plan on carrying any art inside with you - they will not check paintings due to liability issues. Thankfully, he was staying at an apartment fairly close, so he could store the painting there. Here's a peek at the first bits of sketchbook joy. I'll show a more full pic once I get back to my scanner.


I was very AWE inspired by the oceanic and african art collection at the Met. This guy is a mental conglomeration of my own creation remembering bits and pieces from various works. 

I have never seen such large african/oceanic art of extreme SRANGENESS in person. I could have spent an hour in the main room just staring at and being in the presence of everything. There are some images I had never encountered before which made me VERY excited. Especially the Baining Night Dance Masks.


(google Baining Night Dance Masks for more fun)

Here is another Sketchbook image

I helped organize the basement while I was here - thus the LYDIA MOLE.

BOOKS
THE BOOK BARN!!
Hours of a beautiful book laden environment - gardens, cats, decorations, buildings of books, little alcoves, etc etc. Visit for yourself in Niantic, CT. 


~
And now I must get ready to leave for home. Here's hoping for a good day of driving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment